On behalf of the ACCSESS project, Hafslund Oslo Celsio and SINTEF welcomes European policy makers and representatives from cities and industries to Oslo for an open event. Join us for a conversation about the challenges and opportunities associated with curbing industrial CO2 emissions, and how they relate to climate adaptation and mitigation plans for European cities.
You do not need to have any prior knowledge of or plans for CO2 capture and storage (CCS) to attend. Participation is free of charge.
When: 22 September 2022, 09:00-17:30
What is the status of CCS in the world, and what role will it play in our ability to reach our climate targets?
- 09:00 Welcome
Nicolas de La Grandville, EU Ambassador to Norway
- 09:15 Making CCS a success story – state of play and the road ahead
Per-Olof Granström, EU Director (Zero Emissions Platform) – online
- 09:30 The role of sustainable carbon cycles for reaching the European Climate goals
Fabien Ramos, Policy Officer (European Commission) – online
- 09:45 The first Longship has just left shore, when can new projects set sail?
Alexander Engh, Deputy Director General – CCS Section (Norwegian Ministry of Petroleum and Energy)
- 10:05 Panel discussion: Perspectives on CCS as an emerging solution for reaching climate neutrality
Discussion mediator: Olav Øye, Senior Advisor for Climate and Industry (Bellona)
Panel: Jannike Bjerkas (Hafslund Oslo Celsio), Conny Johansson (Stora Enso) and Per Brevik (HeidelbergCement)
- 10:45 Coffee break
Pathways towards climate-neutral cities
- 11:00 Introduction: A cross-sectoral approach to climate-neutral cities
Hendrik Frieling, Research Coordinator Morgenstadt Initiative (Fraunhofer IAO)
- 11:15 Introduction: European city climate plans – Oslo, Gothenburg and Zürich
Einar Wilhelmsen, Vice Mayor for Finance (City of Oslo)
René Estermann, Director of Environmental and Health Protection (City of Zürich)
Tina Mårlind, Project Manager (Port of Gothenburg)
- 11:45 Panel discussion: Pathways towards climate-neutral cities
Discussion mediator: Gaute Hagerup, Innovation Norway
Panel: City representatives from Oslo, Gothenburg and Zürich, with Jannicke Bjerkas (Celsio), Conny Johansson (Stora Enso) and Per Brevik (HeidelbergCement)
- 12:30 Lunch
Enabling CCS – What will it take?
- 13:30 ACCSESS – European funding paving the way for climate neutrality
Kristin Jordal, ACCSESS Coordinator (SINTEF Energy Research)
- 13:40 Demonstrating an environment-friendly enzymatic CO2 capture technology at Hafslund Oslo Celsio
Sergio Armenante, Head of Saipem Energy Carriers Technological Development Department (Saipem)
- 13:55 The cost of climate neutrality – From basic industry to end products
Filip Johnsson, Professor (Chalmers University of Technology)
- 14:10 Following the CO2 chains – from capture to storage
Marco Mazzotti, Professor (ETH Zürich) – online
- 14:25 Developing a full-scale CO2 capture project
Fabian Levihn, Head of R&D (Stockholm Exergi)
- 14:40 Q&A, closing remarks
Marie Bysveen, Chief Market Developer (SINTEF Energy Research)
Visit to Hafslund Oslo Celsio
The ACCSESS Open Oslo Event is a registered Sustainable Energy Day under the European Sustainable Energy Week (EUSEW).